David Hogberg lists the 12 Worst Features of[ ]. They include:
2. [T]he “Basic Health Plan,” what Greg Scandlen called “sort of a ‘public option’ in sheep’s clothing.” …
3. Waivers. Section 2711 waivers enable the health plans of businesses, labor unions and other groups to avoid having to comply with ObamaCare’s regulations, lest their members lose “the insurance they like.” The Department of Health and Human Services has granted 1,040 waivers in about six months. Naturally, a disproportionate share of those receiving waivers are unions, some of Obama’s biggest political allies.
4. More Waivers? State governments are now asking for waivers from ObamaCare’s medical-loss-ratio regulations. At present, Maine has received a waiver, Kentucky, Nevada and New Hampshire have applied, and 11 other states are preparing applications. …
5. Insurers Have Left The Child-Only Market.
6. at least an additional $118 billion through 2023. …— Ouch! ObamaCare requires all states to expand their Medicaid program to 133% of the federal poverty level. Presently only eight states and Washington, D.C. make eligibility limits that generous. That expansion is expected to cost states
9. Cost Estimates Not Correct. An analysis bychief actuary Richard Foster showed that ObamaCare would not reduce overall health care costs …
10. Who Needs Evidence? Two of the new health care financing “models” pushed by ObamaCare are medical homes and Accountable Care Organizations. Yet there is very little research showing the medical homes are a cost-effective way of delivering care (and some research that they aren’t.) …
11. CLASS-less. ObamaCare included Community Living Assistance Services and Support Act. … [i]t is not sustainable. Even Sebelius has admitted as much.
12. Physician-Owned Specialty Hospitals. A major source of innovation in health care, physician-owned specialty hospitals had long been a target of the Big Hospital Lobby — the American Hospital Association and the Federation of American Hospitals — which doesn’t like existing ones to expand.. ObamaCare effectively prevents new physician-owned specialty hospitals from opening and makes it near impossible for
Read the whole article: The 12 Worst Features Of ObamaCare.
- No more speciality hospitals?
- Should Colorado expand Medicaid per ObamaCare? No.
- “You can keep your health insurance…if you BEG hard enough for an Obamacare waiver.”
- ObamaCare waivers & crony capitalism