Twila Brase, President of the Citizen’s Council for Health Freedom, has an informative and disturbing essay about how government-run national health information network (NHIN) of patient data can be used by the department of Health & Human Services (HHS) to control how doctors practice.
Also, the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) will develop ”evidence-based” standardized medical treatment. The Independent Payment Advisory Board will use these conclusions to determine what treatments Twelve Things (Still) Wrong with ObamaCare,” nominally “private” insurers are likely to follow the IPAB’s recommendations:should, and should not reimburse. As Merrill Matthews notes in “
Because Medicare is such a large payer, its arbitrarily set prices become a benchmark for private sector insurers. In addition, private insurers often wait until Medicare agrees to cover certain therapies and prescription drugs before they do. It is probable that IPAB decisions will similarly become the benchmark for what therapies and drugs private insurers will cover and how much they will pay.
- “We Call It ‘Rationing,’ Obama Calls It ‘Medicare Independent Payment Advisory Board’” by .
- IPAB, Obamacare’s Super-Legislature, by Michael F. Cannon & Diane Cohen
- We Call It ‘Rationing,’ Obama Calls It ‘Medicare Independent Payment Advisory Board’
- Kopel on Other Possible Legal Challenges to ObamaCare
- Obamacare lawsuits keep coming
- Health care “reform” and “accountable care” vs. doctors’ autonomy