The Citizens Budget provides an overview of the structure, timing and size of the State budget. We speak to how the problems originated and how things have gone wrong in recent years. It includes legislative, constitutional, and policy recommendations to close the looming state budget gap – without raising taxes – and move Colorado towards sustainable government for good.
Here is the section (pdf) on Health Care Policy.
(If you have trouble viewing the pdf file in your web browser, download it to your computer and open it from there.)
- The Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF)
- Major HCPF Programs and Spending:
- The Children’s Basic Health Plan (CBHP)
- The Indigent Care Program (CICP)
- The Comprehensive Primary Care Program
- Does the HCPF Work for the Federal Government or Colorado Citizen?
- Obama Care and Colorado Medicaid Spending: Should Colorado Drop Out?
- Health Policy Changes Directed by Lobbies
- Poor Management, Crony Capitalism, and Excessive Spending at the Executive Director’s Office
- Colorado SB 12-060 – Improve Medicaid fraud prosecution
- How the Colorado Child Health Plan could save taxpayers $16 million
- Colorado Medicaid reform: federal matching funds promote waste
- Colorado health care agency under investigation